 |
| The water falling over the damn. |
 |
| Waterfall |
I took a nice hike in Roswell one afternoon. I was surprised to find an old cotton mill with a damn and a waterfall.
 |
| Some of the old equipment. |
 |
| The mill from above |
It was at the site of the Roswell Mill - a cotton mill from 1839. It was powered by the running water and a series of belts. The water is from Vickery Creek also known as Big Creek. It runs to the Chattahoochee River.
 |
| A covered bridge over the creek |
There is also a nice covered bridge to more trails on the other side of the creek.
 |
| View of the creek from the other side. |
 |
| One of the old buildings used with the mill. You can see the bridge in the background. |
It was beautiful weather and a nice hike. I'm looking forward to going again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment