The last few days we have had afternoon thunder showers. On Wednesday we had losts of lightening strikes in the area and hail. It makes for a nice cool down in the evening. On Thursday morning it was still 75 degrees when I went for my run.
I have a new favorite running route. From our house go down North River Parkway - it's hilly but mostly down hill, go over the river to Riverside park. There they have pathways, both paved and rock. It was nice after the storm, lots of twigs and pinecones but not muddy. I did see a large tree down that must have been struck by lightening. Some of the paths are close to the river with lots of trees and shade. After running the park I head home but walk up North River Parkway - I need to work on hills but ... a little at a time.
I thought I'd add a few pictures of our neightborhood. It's really quite lovely.
This is the house across the street. It makes for a lovely view from our bay window.
Paul and Cindy live there. Paul spends a lot of time working on the yard.
Each of these contains two homes, like ours. I guess you call it a duplex but it looks like one big home.
They have a sign in the front - it must be from the HOA stating "May Yard of the Month" I guess that is what Paul - my neighbor is shooting for.
I love the flowers on this one.
This is the sign we have posted from the gals that live in the other side of our duplex. It says Private Property, Absolutely no foot or vehicle traffic, violators will be prosecuted. Nice! This is posted on our joint mailbox. I walk on their sidewalk to get my mail. Next time I post it could be from jail! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment